Competition Terms & Conditions
1. These rules apply for all competitions where the prize may have a purchase or deemed value in excess of £10.00.
2. Unless otherwise stated on air or via other official Scratch Radio sources all contestants must be over 18 years of age.
3. Unless otherwise stated on air or via other official Scratch Radio sources contestants can enter each Scratch Radio competition only once.
4. Unless otherwise stated on air or via other official Scratch Radio sources, all contestants chosen are those who have made contact with the station, in the manner specified, during the competition period and are chosen at random from the correct answers given.
5. The competition will run either until the competition has been completed or until the specified time slot is over. This will be advertised on air, via the website or via whichever medium the competition is run. Scratch Radio reserves the right not to give away any prize if no winner is found.
6. Unless otherwise stated on air or via other official Scratch Radio sources, there is only one prize per competition and all prizes are offered in good faith. It is recognised that at times genuine mistakes can occur. If a mistake has occurred, then the management, in its sole discretion can either award the prize to the person(s) who in their view was the original winner of the competition or alternatively ask the contestants to play again on a ’head to head’ basis. When instances like this occur, Scratch Radio will not provide a runner up prize.
7. Prizes offered by Scratch Radio are in most cases provided to the station by a third party or sponsor. At the end of the competition the liability passes from Scratch Radio to the sponsor for the deliverance of the prize offered. If the sponsor or third party thereafter cannot deliver the product or prize due to liquidation or similar, Scratch Radio is not liable for its provision.
8. Members of Scratch Radio, or any of the co-sponsors of the competition, are not eligible to enter competitions.
9. Unless otherwise stated on air or via other official Scratch Radio sources all contestants chosen are those who have contacted the station during the competition period and are chosen at random by the presenter or management in line with the advertised promotion of the competition.
10. Scratch Radio reserves the right to alter or amend these rules at any time and to suspend the competition or cancel the competition at any time.
11. Unless otherwise stated on air or via other official Scratch Radio sources there is no cash alternative to the advertised prize(s) and any prize is strictly non-transferable.
12. Failure to gain access to competitions due to technical difficulties, such as engaged phone lines or for any other reason is not the responsibility of Scratch Radio.
13. Unless otherwise stated on air or via other official Scratch Radio sources only one entry per person is allowed to any one competition, subsequent entries will not be entered but may be charged (where a charge is incurred). Entires made after the advertised closing time may not be counted but will still be charged (where a charge is incurred).
14. By entering competitions all contestants agree to be used in publicity, on air promotion and by any means deemed fit for the promotion of the station.
15. No correspondence will be entered into regarding competitions. The Scratch Radio representative decision is final.
16. Any contestant entering competitions on Scratch Radio giving false or misleading information will be disqualified and any prize(s) won will be withdrawn.
17. Unless otherwise stated on air or via other official Scratch Radio sources, personal details gathered through competition entries will not be passed to external organisations or companies. This excludes Birmingham City Students’ Union and the associated ‘Media Groups’ society.
18. Copyright in the on-air broadcast and any photographs or images or audio of winners remains the property of Scratch Radio.